The existing Springvale Municipal offices at 397-405 Springvale Road were recently transformed into the Springvale Community Precinct; a vibrant meeting place with world-class community facilities and flowing landscapes that represent Springvale’s multicultural diversity.
The main aspects of the redevelopment included:
- Demolition of the existing buildings.
- Construction of a two-storey community building including a library, flexible community meeting spaces, customer service, exhibition area, and café, which was designed and built around 3 existing River Red Gum trees.
- The refurbishment and upgrade of the Supper Room in the existing Springvale Town Hall.
- Extensive landscaping including a large playground, a band stand, a sport court, a water feature, and open space areas. As part of the landscaping works, exactly 100 special and rare Enterprise Roses were planted.
- Construction of a new and distributed car park configuration and access roads.
The new community precinct is registered under the Green Star Design and As-Built V1.1 rating tool and achieved a 6-Star Green Star certified rating. The facility boasts sustainable attributes such as:
- A Dynalite automated lighting system for efficient control of lighting.
- High-efficiency motors for Chillers controlled on a BMS.
- Veil Façade Glazing selections to reduce glare and meet thermal insulation requirements.
- Rooftop 215kW solar photovoltaic (PV) system.
- Rainwater collected from the roof into an internal 10kL tank to be used for toilet flushing, and an additional 100kL detention tank capturing stormwater and reticulating to irrigation to the landscape areas.