The new Wellbeing Centre at the existing Geelong Grammar campus in Toorak was developed to provide students with ‘Positive Education’ facilities.
Following demolition of existing buildings and associated external areas, the new single-story building was constructed. Facilities in the Wellbeing Centre includes:
- A heated 6-lane, 25 metre swimming pool capable of hosting a variety of aquatic activities. The pool is 1.2 metres in depth across half its length, and has a gradual slope to a depth of 1.8 metres in the other half;
- A small ‘Learn to Swim’ pool;
- A wellbeing and movement studio;
- Nutrition teaching space;
- Change rooms; and
- Social areas, including a café.
The façade of the building features many architectural elements including brickwork, precast concrete, glazing, alucobond and vitrapanel. Externally, the building was completed with concrete pavements, pavers, fencing and minor landscaping works. We are delighted to have been involved in this exciting project that provides state-of-the-art facilities for the students of Geelong Grammar School.