The Toorak Campus of Geelong Grammar School accommodates students in their primary years, from ELC to Year 6, in state-of-the-art facilities that promote positive education experiences. The Toorak Wellbeing Centre is a purpose-built facility designed to be a vibrant place that welcomes the participation of students, teachers and parents, and allows healthy living and positive wellbeing to be a daily focus for the students.
Following demolition of existing buildings and associated external areas at the Toorak Campus, the new single-story facility was constructed, complete with:
- A heated 6-lane, 25-meter swimming pool capable of hosting a variety of aquatic activities. The pool is 1.2 meters in depth across half its length and has a gradual slope to a depth of 1.8 meters in its other half.
- A small ‘Learn to Swim’ pool.
- A Wellbeing and Movement Studio with spaces for dance, drama, meditation, and yoga.
- A multi-purpose nutrition classroom with a kitchen where children learn practical skills as well as nutrition.
- A café, canteen, outdoor deck area, and social areas.
- Change rooms and bathrooms.
- Staff offices.
The building façade features several architectural elements including brickwork, precast concrete, glazing, alucobond and vitrapanel, and is completed externally with concrete pavements, pavers, fencing and simple landscaping.