Prevention and Recovery Care centres operate across Melbourne and regional Victoria, providing short-term, residential treatment services for people experiencing mental illness but no longer require hospital treatment.
IBC have been engaged to construct a new Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) centre at Sunshine Hospital in St Albans to support women who are becoming mentally unwell, or who are in the early stages of recovering from an acute mental illness and need a short-term additional support. The new 12-bedroom centre will provide safe, flexible, and responsive treatment and residential care to women and will be the first in Victoria to offer accommodation for accompanying dependents.
The new facility has been designed to be a welcoming and home-like environment, and will include:
- 12 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
- Additional capacity to accommodate up to 3 dependent children.
- Shared living spaces including kitchen, dining, lounge, laundry, and family / activity areas.
- Outdoor living, family, and garden spaces.
- Clinical consulting areas.
- Staff and support areas.
- Car parking to support the centre, including a bike parking area
IBC are proud to be involved in the project which supports women and focuses on mental health recovery.
Click here to watch the video.