Montmorency Secondary College opened their two-court stadium in 2012, becoming the home of the Eltham Wildcats Basketball Club. With the continued evolution of both the school and the basketball club, the much-loved stadium was outgrown and required extending and modernisation to support the changing needs of these groups.
Next to the existing two-court stadium at Montmorency Secondary College, a new stadium was constructed with a forecourt between both buildings, expanding the venue from two courts to five courts and offering an abundance of new facilities for use by the School, the Eltham Wildcats Basketball Club, and the wider community.
The existing carpark was demolished, with the new three-storey building incorporating a secure car park on the lower ground. On the ground floor, the expansion has provided three new courts, including a show court with seating for up to 1100 spectators, change rooms and amenities, a gymnasium, and kiosk, whilst the first-floor houses offices, kitchen facilities, conference spaces, and a plant room. Externally, the building is surrounded by grassed areas, shade trees and seating.
We are delighted to have delivered such an important project for Montmorency Secondary College and the Eltham Wildcats Basketball Club alongside the Victorian School Building Authority, Fontic and Sean Godsell Architects.