The new Beaumaris Secondary College expands over an area of approximately 50,000m2 and includes facilities for use by the College, Melbourne Cricket Club, and the wider community.
The project involved:
- The construction of a 3-storey Learning Community Building which comprises of a library, specialist facilities including Science, Art, Design and Material Technology, a variety of learning spaces, and reception area.
- The construction of the Games Hall which includes a competition size netball/basketball stadium, performing arts spaces, food technology kitchens, and canteen facilities.
- The construction of a Sports Pavilion for the Melbourne Cricket Club.
- The construction of the Senior Oval and Community Oval, Multipurpose Pitch, Outdoor Courts and carparks.
- External paved and landscaped areas.
- Services and drainage infrastructure and mains work.
- Stormwater drainage and wetlands construction.
The project was completed over several stages to allow the college to welcome its first year 7 students in 2018. IBC were pleased to team up with the Victorian School Building Authority, Melbourne Cricket Club, Case Meallin and Clarke Hopkins Clarke to deliver this exciting project.
IBC received a High Commendation in the 2020 AIB Professional Excellence in Building and Construction Awards; $25 Million – $50 Million Category for Beaumaris Secondary College.